Members & Friends of the Pond
It is always a pleasure to have new members to share the satisfaction we all get from our involvement in the care of the Pond. Thanks to our Association it has become a delightful haven for wildlife and an open space for everyone to enjoy.
The subscriptions of Members and Friends alike form the backbone of the Association's finances. Members of the Association regularly carry out minor repairs, plant reeds and keep the area around the Pond clean and tidy. Additionally, with the help of many benefactors over the years (including generous help from the Chichester Harbour Conservancy, Chichester District Council and West Sussex County Council), this has enabled numerous structural projects including restoration of the sluice gates, repairs to the west bank etc etc.
Membership Fees are currently as follows:
- Full Membership (Households with property in the vicinity of the Pond) - £15 per annum
- Friends / Well wishers - £8 per annum
Membership entltles you to:
- receive regular newsletters (2-3 a year) updating on any projects or news relating to the pond
- attend the Annual General Meeting (voting rights for full members only)
- attend social functions (Annual Dinner, Summer Party, Spring Talk etc)
A link to the original SMPPA Constitution can be found here.
A link to the new SMPPA CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) can be found here.
Our Privacy & Data Protection Policy can be found here.